- This event has passed.
Introduction to the Goddess
13th October 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£20
This is an introduction to The Thirteen Moon Goddess archetypes and approaches to ceremony. It is an opportunity to create or renew your relationship with the feminine aspects of the Divine.
We will explore archetypes and how these are different from myths because myths represent individual expressions of a Goddess archetype. For instance the Goddess Tara, Quan Yin or Mother Mary can all be seen as aspects of the Goddess of Compassion. Archetypes can be seen as an original model or meta-pattern of divine aspects of female experience.
We are gathered in a warm women’s circle to share our hearts and insights. As we do this we can generate and experience these Goddesses energies in our own lives through our creative invitation. One way of doing this is by participating in ceremony.
- Each ceremony is unique because it unfolds as a creation with all the participants who are involved. Some common aspects are
- Starting with a meditative approach
- Setting intention and direction for the session
- Words, music, movement and other exercises to touch the senses that give us an experience of the depths and emotional focus of each archetype
- Sharing what is arising or what the qualities mean for each of us in the group
This will be an informal gathering to hear about the different Goddess archetypes and experience how ceremony can make them come alive in our lives.